• Professional Analysis of Organization-Specific Senior Management Development Issues
• Proven, Repeatable, and Proprietary Leadership Development and Team-Building Tool
• Experiential leadership training programs have an immediate, personal impact
• Our program is designed by a succesful Wall Street Analyst who is also a published and award-winning military historian
• A “Real World” Metaphor of Crisis Decision-Making Where Terrain Becomes the Environmental Landscape of the Enterprise
• Directly Relevant Program Design Perspective
• Experiential Learning and Interactive Case Study Method
Utilizing an experiential-learning approach and the setting of an actual battlefield, the Applied Battlefield Concepts™ Corporate Staff Ride is a short duration, top-level management development and leadership training tool that delivers a uniquely powerful and rewarding team-building experience. It is a proven, cost-effective, adaptable, repeatable and flexible solution for meeting internal training metrics and broader goals for improvements in decision making across the entire enterprise.
Like its military parent, the Corporate Staff Ride consists of three integrated phases,
1) Preliminary Phase, a brief, but intense, study of the selected battle stressing the lives, education, careers and personalities of the commanders, with each participant assigned to focus on a single individual,
2) Battlefield Phase, a full day visit to the battlefield where leadership case studies are examined against the actual events at “stands” chosen for their impact on decision-making,
3) Integration Phase, or After Action Review, where lessons derived from the experience are openly discussed and considered within the training context and goals.
Join Applied Battlefield Concepts LLC on a journey into the past that will help illuminate your most important concerns and expand your thinking about the future.
The Corporate Staff Ride is based on the century-old military training tool pioneered by the German General Staff and now used world-wide. Focused on the role of the Civil War corps/division commander - particularly appropriate for today's senior manager - our Corporate Staff Ride integrates the battlefield decisions and outcomes with the attendees' main interests through the case method approach. It requires no specialized knowledge - or even interest - in military affairs, only the acceptance that battles can provide useful "metaphors" for decision making under crisis conditions. As an experiential training environment, the actual ground where great conflicts took place has an immediacy and impact that is hard to duplicate in any other forum.
The Corporate Staff Ride is flexible, adaptable, and repeatable. Virtually any organization can structure its own Corporate Staff Ride to 1) focus on a particularly important aspect of the enterprise, 2) invest in leadership development at a specific management level, or 3) explore leadership issues relevant to the entire enterprise.
This is accomplished through selection of a battlefield site appropriate to the purpose of the Corporate Staff Ride, the choice and order of the particular stops - including varying the stops on a previously visited battlefield - and the selection of the topics considered in the business case study workshops.
With a reasonable amount of research and internal staff work - and advice from APPLIED BATTLEFIELD CONCEPTS LLC - most organziations can integrate the Corporate Staff Ride into existing executive management training and development programs. The cost of a developing and implementing a customized APPLIED BATTLEFIELD CONCEPTS LLC Corporate Staff Ride is $25,000-$50,000 plus expenses and takes 3-months to implement.
Updated: April 30, 2013